About Our Company:
Liquid Alaska Tours operates guided excursions from May through September in Juneau, Alaska. Our company is dedicated to providing exclusive and intimate, world-class adventures and interactive sightseeing opportunities to guests from around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We celebrate diversity.
Open Positions for 2021:
You will be in charge of leading an adventure tour based around the Mendenhall Glacier Lake with equal time guiding guests on the lake in a large canoe and leading guests on and around the Mendenhall Glacier. This is a highly independent position, which requires the ability to guide safely and responsibly with limited supervision. Applicants should be outgoing and comfortable providing our guests with entertaining and informative narration.
- Canoe Guiding – Instruct and lead guests in the use of an 8 or 14 passenger canoe on a glacial lake at our Juneau location.
- Glacier Guiding – Responsible for providing clients with safety information and for leading clients on a guided hike over varied glacial terrain.
- Driving – Operating 14 passenger van, the ability to tow a trailer is helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Clean driving record and ability to drive
- Wilderness First Responder or EMT/W-EMT training.
- Fluency in English
- 21+ years old by first date of employment
- Mountaineering experience
- Kayak and/or canoe guiding experience
- Glacier Guiding and/or Ice climbing
- Cold Water Rescue Training