About Our Company:
Liquid Alaska Tours operates guided excursions from May through September in Juneau, Alaska. Our company is dedicated to providing exclusive and intimate, world-class adventures and interactive sightseeing opportunities to guests from around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We celebrate diversity.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary: $60000 & seasonal bonus (upon approval), based on experience and availability
Hours: Full Time, Year Round
Location: Juneau, Alaska
We are seeking an experienced professional to manage the daily operations of our rapidly growing tour company based in Juneau, Alaska. Ideal candidates should have a background in the cruise and tourism industry, in addition to supervising and training a workforce. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, organizational skills, strong problem-solving capabilities, and be able to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- 3+ years experience in cruise or tourism industry
- Proven management experience with a team of 10+ employees
- Experience with creation and enforcement of safety best practices
- Clean driving record
- Exceptional customer service etiquette
- Works well under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of basic policies and procedures of accounting and human resources
- Proficiency with assorted office management software
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
- Mountaineering and/or Water Safety Experience
- Management of all personnel and daily tour operations.
- Enforce adherence to safety regulations and hospitality standards
- Routine inspection of operational locations to ensure safety
- Conduct annual and recurrent training for all personnel
- Develop marketing plans to promote products and services
- Oversee reservation management system to ensure accuracy
- Manage company equipment inspections, maintenance, and inventory.
- Manage guest and vendor communications
- Process payroll and vendor payments
- Assume responsibility of monitoring expenses
- Organize seasonal hiring
- Coordinate company housing
- Evaluate personnel performance
- Plan monthly team outings
- Flexible vacation schedule in off season months
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
You will be in charge of leading an adventure tour based around the Mendenhall Glacier Lake with equal time guiding guests on the lake in a large canoe and leading guests around the Mendenhall Glacier Moraine. This is a highly independent position, which requires the ability to guide safely and responsibly with limited supervision. Applicants should be outgoing and comfortable providing our guests with entertaining and informative narration.
- Canoe Guiding – Instruct and lead guests in the use of an 8 or 14 passenger canoe on a glacial lake at our Juneau location.
- Wilderness Guiding – Responsible for providing clients with safety information and for leading clients on a guided hike over varied terrain.
- Driving – Operating 14 passenger van, the ability to tow a trailer is helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Clean driving record and ability to drive
- Wilderness First Responder or EMT/W-EMT training.
- Fluency in English
- 21+ years old by first date of employment
- Mountaineering experience
- Kayak and/or canoe guiding experience
- Cold Water Rescue Training
Reporting to: Tour Operations General Manager
Salary: Commission based, up to $25000 a season
Hours: Full Time, Late April – Mid October, 2022
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Looking for highly energetic, responsible, outgoing, and $$$ motivated sales person. Job is outdoors selling tours to cruise ship passengers in Juneau, Alaska. Perks include taking all of the excursions including helicopter tours, dogsled tours, whale watching, zip-line tours, and more!
Great job with best pay you’ve ever had for summer work!
This position is highly independent and prompt timeliness is absolutely essential.
- Greet and interact with visitor’s arriving to Juneau primarily by cruise ship
- Promote and sell tours in a fast paced and competitive environment
Qualifications and Skills
- Outstanding verbal communication skills
- Bulletproof positive mental attitude
- Tech savvy and familiar with iPad POS system
- Previous commission-based sales experience
- Passion for Alaskan tourism and adventure